How do you interpret The Strength Card of the Tarot, or the Lust Card of the Thoth Tarot?
Following are my thoughts on this card. I’ve also included different ways that it might be interpreted in a reading, to help you understand it when it comes up in your own readings.
- The human and the lion – make friends with your enemy or that which opposes, overpowers, threatens or preys upon you. Befriend your fears.
- Are things really what they seem to be? Do you follow what has been taught to you in the past, or do you live by experience?
- Is this card advising the querent to put mind over matter. Determination will pay off?
- Is it truly a lion being tamed? Or is it the beast within? The card can refer equally to the inner struggle as it can to the struggles that the outside world throws at us.
- Does this card tell us that change is coming? That yes we can stave it off, but only whilst we are applying sheer force. What will happen when force is removed? Will circumstances have changed? Will the lion be tamed?
- Aleister Crowley renamed this card “Lust” in the Thoth Tarot. The reasoning behind it makes perfect sense… think of the imagery on the card, a woman taming a beast – or the masculine. Crowley reminds us that in the eyes of some, a woman’s greatest power over a man, is her sexual power – the stirring of desire in another.
- When interpreting this card who do you, or your querent identify with? the beast or the woman? Within a relationship reading this gives powerful insight into the power balances existing between the couple in question.
- Is this card urging you to have the heart of a lion, to be brave and lion-hearted?
- Are decisions being delayed? Are you being urged to stop delaying and choose from the heart? Go with your instinct as would the beast? In which case this is an instance where ignoring convention and follow your instinct may be necessary – but what is stopping you needs to be considered also. This could be social values, the feelings of others, and so forth. The Beast would not take into account any of these values, choice is quick and instinctive within the animal kingdom.
- Strength – control versus impulse.
- When I see this card I also wonder whether someone is trying to put words in another’s mouth. Is someone trying to word you up….? or manipulate you? Why would you allow that to happen? You are more than strong enough to turn away, so what hold does this person have upon you?
- Are you foolhardy? Are you trying to prove something to others. Taking an unnecessary risk to impress… for in truth no one will ultimately conquer the beast – it is its own master. If the beast was to be seen as controllable, the card would depict a dog, or a horse or another animal that it is possible to domesticate.
- If this card is your Outcome card – then things are at a stalemate right now. The person that you are waiting on is holding out… regardless of which path they are going to take, right now they are refusing to budge. It is not easy for them though – every ounce of their will power is required to be still and stand their ground.
Sadness will destroy you silently.
With great pain.
Fingering, every crevice of your mind lovingly.
Sadness caresses memories with poison fingers,
Stealing your colours, and your lights,
The shine in your eyes will leave you too
Sadness makes sure to hold all of you in its hand.
All that was worthy, proud, or brought you joy.
Sadness misses nothing.
Tainting every memory it finds.
Sadness is a perfectionist, nothing will be left behind.
After sadness has visited, you will be forever changed.
That’s it’s great crime; the pillaging of your mind.
For who are you, if not your memories?
What else could you possibly be, but the sum of the days you’ve lived and left behind.
And now, they’ve changed.
You will not know yourself when sadness leaves.
All that was touched and breathed upon, it’s can never be the same.
And that was you.
And this now, instead, is you.
You see, then, the devastation that sadness left behind, shall remain.
And if sadness decides to love you,
Then it’s all the worse.
The visits will not cease with time.
Sadness has no mercy, it will not discriminate, not err to kindness,
No, not even once.
It will permeate, pollute and then abandon all that lies inside.
Sadness rapes the mind.
Amber | http://www.intothesoul.com
Two of the biggest loves of my life… Raising children is an amazing journey of love. It has taught me a lot about other emotions too!! But when I look at a photo like this one, all I feel is blessed.
Where do you find your god? I don’t mean the stuff they teach you in religious studies, I mean the profound sense that there is something greater than yourself and that you are somehow connected to it, and possibly a part of it.
Where you know or feel there is a divine presence… an energy or ‘intelligence’ that is beyond you. Which is a funny thought in itself because how can you know that there is something that you don’t know? Hmmmmm. And how is it that every race of people who have lived and that do live on this earth have come to the same conclusion? Different interpretations, but same conclusion.
Do you catch yourself talking, praying, begging or bargaining with ‘a higher someone’? I definitely do. It surprises me that I’ve done this since childhood. No one taught me to. I was firmly brought up to believe that there is no such thing as a god, and that religion was essentially rubbish. The only world that existed was the physical one around me, and that each life was a one way ticket.
But it doesn’t feel right to me… I’m often talking to this energy when I’m nervous or worried… I’m begging it for reassurance when I’m afraid, and I’m thanking it and questioning it at other times.
I find ‘my god’ in great beauty. It has an ability to awe me. Be it natural or man-made creation, I feel it when I watch the waves crashing in, or am staring at inexplicably exquisite night sky or listening to music that touches my soul. At these times I know with every fibre of me that there is so much more to this universe than me and the little planet I live on.
Amber | www.intothesoul.com
Love this – I live by it, truly I do – if you can make the moment perfect, then you can do anything!!
I hope you’re feeling just as special as you truly are today. That’s very, very, very special; just in case you were unsure.
I’ve started work on an exciting new project called ”Soul Essentials”, which I hope you’re going to love. It’s keeping me very busy and I’m really bursting with excitement to share it with you – but it’s not finished yet!!
Soul Essentials will cover how you can truly embrace your connection to the universe. How to seek out and experience the absolute certainty and security of knowing your eternal place in the circle of life. That this life is part of a greater journey, it is not the be all and end all, it is a stepping stone. We’ll also be looking at how to tap into your spiritual connection and to use your intuition on a daily basis. Learning how to make better decisions and guide your choices by paying attention to what you receive from the universe or spirit. Soul Essentials is about finding peace within and finding personal success, however you personally see it.
What are you Soul Essentials guys?? I’d love to hear back from you xx
This Law is so simple yet so complex… that I thought it might be best to start with a summary of what its really all about:
Ok people here we go, this one is chewy.. if anyone else can summarise it better, please let me know and I’ll more than likely put your post up instead of mine!!
The Law of Intention and Desire
- This law is based on the understanding that energy and information are the building blocks for all that exists on our planet. Whether you’re a flower, a rainbow a tree or a human body, when broken down all your essential components are energy and information (atoms). The whole universe also consists of these moving particles.
- Our nervous system are capable of becoming aware of the energy and informational content that is our physical bodies. Thus we have consciousness. So it follows that all energy and information is potentially consciousness, and as a result; also potential.
- Deepak’s been showing us in the other laws that consciousness is potentiality. Thought, attention, and intention are the seeds of creation. What we conceive we create.
- Therefore we understand that the quantum field is influenced by intention and desire.
- We experience this field subjectively as our own thoughts, feelings, emotions, desires, memories, instincts, drives, and beliefs. This same field is experienced objectively as the physical body — and through the physical body, we experience this field as the world.
You can consciously change the energy and informational content of your own quantum mechanical body, and therefore influence the energy and informational content of your extended body — your environment, your world — and cause things to manifest in it.
ahaaaa its worth getting your head around though…
- This conscious change is brought about by the two qualities inherent in consciousness: attention and intention. Attention energizes, and intention transforms. Whatever you put your attention on will grow stronger in your life. Whatever you take your attention away from will wither, disintegrate, and disappear.
The past, present, and future are all properties of consciousness. The past is recollection, memory; the future is anticipation; the present is awareness. Therefore time is the movement of thought. Both past and future are born in the imagination; only the present, which is awareness, is real and eternal. It is. It is the potentiality for space-time, matter, and energy. It is an eternal field of possibilities experiencing itself as abstract forces, whether they be light, heat, electricity, magnetism, or gravity. These forces are neither in the past nor in the future. They just are.
Applying the Law of Intention and Desire
- I will make a list of my desires
- I will visualise myself creating , doing, achieving
- I will live in the ‘now’
Amber | www.intothesoul.com
Here is the last of Deepak’s 7 Laws. It provides a lot of food for thought. I also think it gives a sense of how one can best live a life that at the end of all their days they will be proud of. I think that if you followed the law of dharma, you would turn around in your old age and reflect that your life had been well lived… and that you were proud of who you were. I love this one soullies! let me know what you think xxx
The Seventh Spiritual Law of Success: The Law of Dharma or Purpose In Life
- The Law of Dharma that we come to earth and take physical form to fulfil a purpose. Therefore that we actually come are born with “a reason to be”.
- Your purpose is unique to you and only you, it is predetermined, and it is of value – do not question the value of your purpose, trust it instead. Your purpose will always have an element of giving to others, of being of service, and helping. This is because it is through these pursuits that our spirits know the greatest sense of happiness and satisfaction.
- Imagine children growing up with this knowledge, that right from the word go. That they knew they were of value and their lives were intrinsically meaningful, just because they were here. It would have an amazing effect on their self esteem and psychological health.
There are three components to the Law of Dharma:
- Each of us is here to discover that essentially we are spiritual beings having a human experience, this is thought of as discovering your “true self”.
- We are here to express our unique talents for the betterment of our planet and society.
- To be of service to humanity—to serve your fellow human beings and to ask yourself the questions, “How can I help? How can I help all those that I come into contact with?”
To proactively apply the Law of Dharma, you will need to commit to the following:
- I am going to seek my higher self, beyond my ego, through spiritual practice.
- I am going to discover my unique talents, and I am going to enjoy myself doing so. Because the act of enjoying and being within the ‘moment’ is incredibly important.
- I am going to ask myself how I am best suited to serve humanity. I am going to answer that question and then put it into practice.
Applying the Law of “Dharma” or Purpose in Life
- Today I will pay attention to my connection to God, creator, universe, goddess – however it feels best expressed to you, and be thankful for it.
- I will make a list of my unique talents.
- I will ask myself daily, “how can I serve?” and “how can I help?”
- I will remind myself that the question, “What’s in it for me?” is the internal dialogue of the ego. Asking “How can I help?” is the internal dialogue of the spirit. I will seek to align myself with spirit.
Amber | www.intothesoul.com
Today we’re onto the Law of Detachment. This is such a good ‘law’ to get your mind around, in fact its life changing. It’s certainly the only reason my life is what it is today. This law or thinking, essentially empowers you to build the life you want. For example, you lose your business, your money is gone, you have nothing left to show… or you get divorced, your life as you knew it is over, you have nothing and must start over, your family are taken from you and you are now on your own and feel no reason to live… this law of detachment helps you to find the meaning within that enables you to build the world without that will nourish you. You are far stronger than you will ever (hopefully) have to realise, know that that strength and capability is there and can be tapped into at all times, that what you can think of, what you can imagine, you can also create.
This law says, if you lose everything that is of meaning to you and you have to start all over again with nothing, do it fearlessly, and build your life over again. Having actually been in this situation myself more than once, unfortunately, I can tell you honestly, there is nothing more empowering than realising that no matter what, you will be ok and you will be able to look after yourself and build yourself a life. I love this law, but I do think it requires some serious thought in order to really reap the best of what it offers you…
The Sixth Law of Spiritual Success: The Law of Detachment
- In detachment lies the wisdom of uncertainty… It’s a bit to swallow I know – but interpret it this way. In separating yourself from your past you attain freedom. You let go of ingrained thought and expectations. Anything is possible again… and really it’s easy to see that from this mindset much more will be achieved.
- Attachment…is based on fear and insecurity—and the need for security is based on not knowing the true Self. When you are secure in the moment, the dependence on the physical or material is minimal.
- …with detachment there is freedom to create.
- The search for security is an illusion…the solution to this whole dilemma lies in the wisdom of insecurity, or the wisdom of uncertainty. This means that the search for security and certainty is actually an attachment to the known. And what’s the known? The known is our past…There’s no evolution in that…And where there is no evolution, there is stagnation, entropy, disorder, and decay.
- Uncertainty, on the other hand, is the fertile ground of pure creativity and freedom. The future is not set – this is wonderfully liberating.
- The Law of Detachment does not interfere with the Law of Intention and Desire—with goal-setting. You still have the intention of going in a certain direction, you still have a goal. However, between point A and point B there are infinite possibilities.
Applying the Law of Detachment
- Today I will commit myself to detachment
- Today I will factor in uncertainty as an essential ingredient of my experience
- I will step into the field of all possibilities and anticipate the excitement that can occur when I remain open to an infinity of choices
Here is the 4th law of spiritual success, thanks to Deepak Chopra. And this one, by title alone, is my favourite!! It’s super empowering…. wrap your head around it guys, its worth the effort.
The Law of Least Effort
- The basic premise of this law is that you will do less and accomplish more, because you work with what is positive, and no longer waste energy on what depletes you.
- Accept others and the universe for exactly what they are. Realise that this moment is a culmination of all the moments and days before. It is not a bolt out of the blue… or something you can readily change. It is as it is meant to be.
- Take responsibility, you need to ‘own’ . Responsibility means not blaming anyone or anything for your situation. You see yourself as in control, therefore you also are empowered to create a positive response to the situation you’re facing and change it’s impact on your life.
- All problems contain the seeds of opportunity. Every difficult situation becomes an opportunity for change and growth, and each difficult person becomes a teacher. What counts really is not the situation you’re presented with – but your response to it. Reality is just your perception of things. Choose to interpret things differently – choose your response – and you also end up choosing your reality. Responsibility then means the ability to have a creative response to the situation as it is now.
- Give up defensiveness. 99% of the time there is no need to be defensive, or defend yourself. Most people spend a lot of their time defending their points of view. If you let go of this need, you gain access to enormous amounts of energy that have been previously wasted. You’ll also find you’re able to listen to others without judgement and understand them better. It is a far more peaceful approach to life.
- You do not need to justify yourself, or explain yourself. Simply declare your intent to yourself, and be truly ‘ok’ with it. You need to accept you. That is all it takes to experience fulfilment, delight, joy, freedom, and autonomy in every moment in your life.
Applying the Law of Least Effort
- Acceptance simply means that you make a commitment: “Today I will accept people, situations, circumstances, and events as they occur.” This means I will know that this moment is as it should be, because the whole universe is as it should be. This moment — the one you’re experiencing right now — is the culmination of all the moments you have experienced in the past. This moment is as it is because the entire universe is as it is.
- When you feel frustrated or upset by a person or a situation, remember that you are not reacting to the person or the situation, but to your feelings about the person or the situation. These are your feelings, and your feelings are not someone else’s fault. When you recognize and understand this completely, you are ready to take responsibility for how you feel and to change it.
- When that energy is freed up, it can be rechanneled and used to create anything that you want. When your internal reference point is your spirit, when you are immune to criticism and unfearful of any challenge, you can harness your energies positively, and create the experience of love , affluence, or evolution you wish for.
In The Art of Dreaming, Don Juan tells Carlos Castaneda, “. . . most of our energy goes into upholding our importance…. If we were capable of losing some of that importance, two extraordinary things would happen to us. One, we would free our energy from trying to maintain the illusory idea of our grandeur; and two, we would provide ourselves with enough energy to … catch a glimpse of the actual grandeur of the universe.”
Amber | www.intothesoul.com
Here is 3rd Law, its Karma. Karma is not an airy fairy grey area, it’s really just about responsible choice making.
The Law of “Karma” or Conscious Choice Making
- “Karma” is both the action you take and the consequence of that action; it is cause and effect simultaneously.
- Every action generates a force of energy that returns to us … we reap what we sow.
- Good karma equates, very simply, to good choice making.
- The heart is an intuitive decision-making tool. It´s holistic, it´s contextual, it’s relational. It doesn´t have a win-lose orientation and it takes everything into account. The heart has a computing ability that is far more accurate and far more precise than anything within the limits of rational thought. When you come from your heart you will not go wrong.
- Ask yourself what will be the outcome of my decision? What will it mean for others? “Will this choice I’m making bring happiness to me and to those around me?” If the answer is yes, then go ahead. If the answer is no, if that choice brings distress or loss either to you or to those around you, then don’t make it. It’s as simple as that.
Applying the Law of “Karma” or Cause and Effect
- If we want to create happiness in our lives, we must learn to sow the seeds of happiness.
- Make your choices consciously – consider the outcomes and consequences for yourself and for those around you. Success? Disappointment?
- Trust in your heart. If you are having trouble making the right choice, listen to your heart and its immediate instinctive response to the situation.
Amber | www.intothesoul.com